Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rodmaker

Anchoring on the rocks Fri Midnight

10 posts in this topic

Thinking about hitting Agate Reef and doing the "bobber Bite" at midnight. Any suggestion on depths 10-13 ft???

agate reef is a good early season spot. when the mpls fire dept had there fishing tournament there, the winning fish was caught there 7 out of the 10 or so years that we had the tournament at agate bay resort. your depth range is right on, but don't be afraid to try some different depths shallower and deeper. good luck..............tom fellegy

A few years back we pulled rapps off of Agate on opener and had a blast we caught over thirty eyes and a 10lb northern an 3:00 am that was intresting what a battle. we used sinking rapps and trolled 8-12 fow when the rap was barley bouncin of the bottom we had our best luck.

Thanks for that info. I'll give that a try also. Any color (s) work better. cool.gif

I fished agate reef last year with bobbers in 8ft of water and slaughtered them. and I plan on going back there this opener aswell.

Thanks Tom!!

I'll give Agate a try, around 7am or so I'll probably head to Fischer's. I know quite a few who did well there last year.

If nothing, it's time to hit the Sand.

I know I'm gonna start something but their is only one color chartuse and the rap of choice would be a clown.

Elwood- not the right colors for my boat, Redand brightg pink are my colors choices, for raps I use a white rap or a purple perch color. I have fallin in love w/ them on this lake. I may have to try a clown though... why not.

I don't have any Purple Perch. Time to pick up a few and give them a try.

I dont have the purple perch color also, so you know what its time to add more color to my tackle box, though it will be hard to see it over all that chartuse grin.gif