Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassMan25

Anyone?.....

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anybody here on the forums knows of anyone who is looking to sell a bunk style boat trailer with no rollers. The current trailer I have is horrible at getting the boat in and out of the water. I have a 16 foot Lund Rebel Boat. Also, I would like to buy a boat cover for it as well. Of course I'm trying to spend as little as possible. :-) Just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas in the Park Rapids area about these things. Thanks in advance.

BassMan25

I saw one at North Country Auction's lot west of Park Rapids this weekend. I don't know when the sale is though.

Well I see you made it to PR have't heard from you ! have you ben fishing yet? I was out on the opener did so so. well good luck mabee we can get together do some fishing, I still have my home for sale if you still want to take a look

lippy

I have a 16' Crestliner with a roller trailer. I've learned a few tricks over the years. One is not to back the trailer in as deep when loading the boat on. Just the bottom roller on the last set of rollers should be in the water. I dont drive my boat on either unless there is someone there to hook the strap. I snap an anchor rope onto the front of the boat and push the boat out behind the trailer then go around to the front of the trailer and pull the boat up far enough to snap the winch strap on and crank it up the rest of the way. I can usually do this very quickly by myself. Also make sure the trailer is level.

I've also used boats with bunk trailers and they are nice if you only fish lakes with good landings. I like to fish those little gems back in the woods that usually dont have very deep landings and you would never get your boat off the trailer if it was a bunk. Not to mention trying to crank it on. Bunks and rollers have there pros and cons. My next boat will be a 17' and I want another roller trailer.

Nels

Quote:

Well I see you made it to PR have't heard from you ! have you ben fishing yet? I was out on the opener did so so. well good luck mabee we can get together do some fishing, I still have my home for sale if you still want to take a look

lippy

Hey Lippy,

my apologies for not communicating with you about everything. I have been keeping very busy on the resort getting everything ready for the summer and getting moved in and settled at the same time. I still have the e-mail you sent me so I will give you a call soon so we can meet up sometime for a cold one. Thanks, talk to you then.

craig

Quote:

I have a 16' Crestliner with a roller trailer. I've learned a few tricks over the years. One is not to back the trailer in as deep when loading the boat on. Just the bottom roller on the last set of rollers should be in the water. I dont drive my boat on either unless there is someone there to hook the strap. I snap an anchor rope onto the front of the boat and push the boat out behind the trailer then go around to the front of the trailer and pull the boat up far enough to snap the winch strap on and crank it up the rest of the way. I can usually do this very quickly by myself. Also make sure the trailer is level.

I've also used boats with bunk trailers and they are nice if you only fish lakes with good landings. I like to fish those little gems back in the woods that usually dont have very deep landings and you would never get your boat off the trailer if it was a bunk. Not to mention trying to crank it on. Bunks and rollers have there pros and cons. My next boat will be a 17' and I want another roller trailer.

Nels

Cylinder and NELS-BELLS,

Thanks for the input. I actually have recently made some modifications to my trailer. I took off two of my centered rollers towards the front of the trailer which has made it easier to load and unload. I was finding that aligning three different centered rollers was a difficult task. I also raised the carpeted 2'x 4' planks to give me some more lift. It has helped the matter a lot. Not even sure if I will look to buy a new trailer anymore. Much appreciated for the info guys.

craig