Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
go4carl

city ponds

8 posts in this topic

so I live in plymouth and there are a few good size ponds around my house, with some nice looking lily pads and what looks to be open deeper water in the middle, how does one tell if they have fish in them or not? Is there a size that you should look for? I went to check out the one by my house, walked out on a log and fell in!! pretty funny, good thing no one was around to see...

I lived in Plymouth years ago, off 26th and Dunkirk, many of the ponds had small sunnies and bullheads in them. Fun for kids but the key word is SMALL.

You'd be surprised what are in some of these city ponds. A few years back I had my canoe out on a small pond in Dakota county and this guy pulls off the side of the road and said "you ain't gonna catch anything". Then he just drove off. Little did he know we had caught & released 20 Largemouth in a couple hour period.

is their a certin depth they need, 10' ?

Roy- when did you live off 26th and dunkirk?

Is this pond by a closed grocery store and an apartment building?

if that's the case a buddy of mine's family lives on that pond...

Wayzata class of 93!

Guys go to the DNR site there are many city ponds they stock with adult fish every spring so kids can have a chance to fish.its really for all to fish but mainly kids who dont get much chance to get out to the cabin!