Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishfanatic

Gull Lake South of Blackduck Lake. CRAPPIES ?

5 posts in this topic

Looking for anyone who has tried Gull Lake this year for Open water Crappies. I Have caught them between the 2 points that come together, but am looking for a good SPRING spot. Any Suggestions?

Phil the Fishfanatic

Search the reeds. That is a good starting spot. They move a lot.

Kupcho

I have been out on Gull a few times this year, actually I just left the lake, due to wind and time. I have been doing fairly well overall but have had spotty luck getting started. Find a nice break and work up it have been my stratagy. Once I find fish they seem to be pretty nicely concetrated but 5-8 feet is where I have been getting the majority of my fish so far.

Captainstevo,

Do you live on the lake? I live on the south shore next to Pike Point resort. How 'bout you? I am trying to get my kids hooked on fishing and would like to see them bend their poles before the opener. Have you tried between the 2 grass points heading into the north bay. It was too windy lately to try it.

Have a good evening.

Phil

I do not live on the lake at the moment, however I grew up next to the lake and now am building a house on the lake for my parents, I am enjoying the benefits of driving my boat to work. As far as fishing between the two grass points I have not done so this year, however it is a popular spot and I have been successful there in past years. Near pike point resort is anouther good place to look for panfish. hopefully you can get your kids on some fish and get them excited.