Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

V4life

Can anyone up there let me know if the crappies have started moving in yet? My dad and I want to get up there to catch the good spring bite for the first time. We usually fish the West End. Any updates are greatly appreicated. Thank you and good fishing.

Mike-

garytheguide

havent heard much yet...i would think they are deeper near where they go shallow....

LunkerBaitCo

Is Rice Bay a good crappie spot this time of year for us East enders?

Cliff Wagenbach

There should be crappies in Rice Bay also try Mud Creek Bay and Armstrong Bay.

Cliff

V4life

Thanks for the info Cliff. We decided to wait until this coming Wednesday to dive up for a few days and see if we can get into the crappies. Would you recommend that we stay deep this week as well? Would it be to soon to work the partridge narrows/Black Bay area? Thanks again for all your guidance.

Cliff Wagenbach

I have heard that the crappies are in as shallow as 1 to 3 feet!

Walleyes are already out as deep as 36 feet in some of my spots.

Cliff

garytheguide

black bay would be good....as would way back in norweigian bay and also thru the wake-em-up narrows area

MuskieJunkie

How deep is the water in black bay, looking at a map it appears to be very shallow.

V4life

Muskie,

I know the water level in black's is pretty shallow. I've never had any issues though navigating in there. I was back there two years ago looking for the crappies but got them on the tale end. I have heard it can be very fun back there with the crappies if you time it right.

I'll be up there Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I'm pretty new to posting here but if anyone is around blacks and norweigan this week feel free to come say hi. I'll be roaming around in my new 17'4 Tracker Tagra, grey. I'm sure i'll have my dad with me this week but we're always happy to give out any info about the fish when we're out there. Thanks again to Cliff for the great information I'll let everyone know how we do out there.

Cliff Wagenbach

V4life.

There is agreat crappie bite going in Black Bay in 2' to 4' of water. laugh.gif

I got a couple of different reports today and both said that they did well on fisn up to 14".

Cliff

Jeremy airjer W

All we could find saturday was 3 crappies, really shallow!

The deepest part of black was a little over 6ft. The hump in the narrows before you enter was barely 3ft. watched a couple of outboards pop up in the weeds right where it gets reall narrow!!

MuskieJunkie

Quote:

The deepest part of black was a little over 6ft. The hump in the narrows before you enter was barely 3ft. watched a couple of outboards pop up in the weeds right where it gets reall narrow!!

Ouch, I'm coming up there in a few weeks (staying in Black Bay) with a new boat and don't feel like running into any "weekend wreckers". Is everything marked?

Jeremy airjer W

As you come through the narrows into the bay the deeper water is on the left. Youll see the weeds on the right when it gets really narrow, avoid those!!!. When it widens up again start heading to the right and kind of aim for the rock pile. You'll be fine!

Whatch out for rock in front of the little island on the other side of the bay its not marked but it is there. I used to have it as a waypoint on my old GPS.

MuskieJunkie

Thanks Airjer, I owe you a prop wink.gif

Aces In The Hole

Don't worry Muskie, I'll navigate us through the channel even after I've had a 12 pack! blush.gif