Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
palisade1kid

I just got my IFinder H2Oc /any tips

palisade1kid

I've been looking & now have pulled the pin and ordered my H2Oc with a Navionics 07 Hot Map chip.

Does anyone have any tips or hints about bateries or cases or whatever?

youngie22

search back two or 3 months, there was a really good thread that had a big list of them.

Tony Holland

I would get the new Rechargable Duracell Batteries. Buy the charger and throw away the batteries that come with it. Get the more expensive duracell rechargable batteries and use the charger you bought to recharge. You will not be disapointed.

palisade1kid

Quote:

I would get the new Rechargable Duracell Batteries. Buy the charger and throw away the batteries that come with it. Get the more expensive duracell rechargable batteries and use the charger you bought to recharge. You will not be disapointed.

I ran into the same deal with my digital camera.I was going through batteries like crazy ,so I got some very good rechargeables that last.

I figured there was a thread somewhere.I did a search and nothing came up .

palisade1kid

I just searched back 3 months on i finder ,nothing.

archer59

I bought the external power cable to use in the boat. That way I can keep the light on the H2O on all the time when I need to. Really like the unit with the MN Lake Master chip. All the roads and all are a bonus.

Good Luck,

NIck

youngie22

It may have been labeled H2O... I know it's somewhere. I remeber picksbigwagon on it alot, he may have posted it, not sure.

picksbigwagon

I use mine on the boat 90 percent of the time so I use the cigarette lighter power adapter. At work I use rechargeable AA's, got some at walmart for about 15 bucks, 4 batteries and a charger that recharges in 4 hours. I too have found already that I need the light on during the day to see it.....enjoy your gps, it is an amazing piece of technology

Swimmer

It won't float unless you have lithium ion batteries in it.

Daze Off

I'm all over agreeing with the Duracell rechargeables - I have like 8 of them so I always have at least two sets completely charged but have never needed to even change batteries in a single day and I leave it on all day on the water.

Don;t leave it on seat and put stuff on top of it - I did that recently and must have compressed some buttons because it had set like 500 waypoints on one spot when I picked it up...was a brain drain to delete 'em all.

Fun tip that I don't think is in the handbook - repeatedly pressing the "Exit" button radily will bring up a speedometer screen.

Have fun with it!

Daze Off