• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone ever fish on Rhine Lake northwest of Finlayson?

My folks live on rhine lake, matter of fact, i'm sitting in my folks house right now using thier computer responding to your question. Bad news is there is no public access to the lake, and for the past 8 years the only thing i catch in it is bullheads, small northerns, and the very occasional perch. It suffers from slight winter kill, due to the fact that it is a shallow man made lake from what used to be farm land. It hasn't been stocked in at least 15 years, or at least as long as my parents lived here. The deepest part of the lake is about 8 feet, but mostly waist and chest deep water all around. I'm not an (Contact Us Please) that is trying to keep people off the lake, but i'm just telling you the truth, caus i'd hate to have you come up this way and then realize that you probably wont be able to even get your boat in the water. Honestly, i'd fish upper pine for a decent catch. Sorry to bust that lake out if its someones honey hole, but rhine is honestly not worth your effort.

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the response. I know that generally lakes around 8 feet deep in Minnesota don't do that well. Thanks,

Ben