• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Johanna

I was casting the north shore yesterday with a 1" curly tail and had no takers. But the reason I am posting is, When I got to the boat launch, there was a guy casting out a large spoon and I'm pretty sure he wasn't going for crappies. I was reading a lot of the previous posts about calling the TIP line and reporting these people, but nothing coming out of it. As I walked by I noticed he would turn his body away from me so I couldn't see exactly what lure he was casting. By the time I returned to my truck where I keep a copy of the regs with the tip line number, I noticed he was leaving, so I did not call. I am pretty sure the guy knew he wasn't supposed to be fishing the lure he was just by his actions. What would you guys do in this situation? I'm not much for confronting people or trying to preach because it looked like he knew he wasn't supposed to be casting that large spoon, and I don't think he would've stopped if I had said something. I have programmed the number into my cell phone now, so I don't have to wait until I get back to my truck.

For future reference it's also on the back of your fishing license.

Thanks...and of course I left that in the truck as well.

If you want to avoid verbal confrontation & possible endangerment then you could write a small note and leave it on that person's vehicle if you knew which vehicle was theirs. Let them know their illegally trying to angle fish out of season and that it has been reported to the proper authorities.

i think #TIP only works for some cell phone services, not all.

1-800-652-9093 is the toll free