Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AaronM

Waterski Pylon

9 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a waterski pylon for sometime now, but haven't been able to find any on the net for a decent price. Does anyone know where to find one of these? If not, has anyone ever made one? If you're not sure what they look like, I found this picture here

ac86_2.JPG

For you skiers out there, have you found any other way to get the rope off the back of the boat? Thanks for any help!

Quote:

For you skiers out there, have you found any other way to get the rope off the back of the boat? Thanks for any help!

Buy a ski boat grin.gif Just kidding. I'm assuming you checked Overtons. They are a bit spendy, but they have to be made pretty solidly considering the forces that you will be exerting on them. We normally just ski with a bridle attached to the back of the boat (haven't found a pylon that will work on our boat). It's not exactly ideal, but it works just fine.

What model of boat are u trying to ski behind. I ski behind a lund pro v and just use a yoke or bridal system, I would check overtons as well. I dont think you will find alot of used ones out there, as most boats doing the occasional recreational skiing are running the runabouts.

Bartswatersports is another option similar to Overton's. I would definitely prefer a pylon over the bridal system.

I bought one through Hannay's in Mpls a few years ago. It is one that you can adjust the height on the initial install. I need this option to get over my outboard as it stands tall with the 25" deep transom. It did cost about $275.00 at the time. Maybe check to see if your local dealer could get one cheaper. Also says not to pull tubes with the ski poles but when we installed ours we pulled the floor up and bolted it through so we do not have to worry about screws pulling up.

Thanks for the replies! Glad to see some fellow skiers out there smile.gif It sounds like I'll just have to find a good pylon somewhere, so I'll keep looking! Is there any need to be concerned about stress on the boat, either where the base is mounted or on the side arm mounts? Thanks!

Look like somebody got a new one for a heck of a gooood price wink.gifwink.gif

Thanks a ton Val, pleasure to do business with you! smile.gif I'll be through either Monday or next Monday to pick it up if that works for you. Thanks again!

Aaron, you've got mail