Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delta hunter

Keyshawn Johnson released!!

19 posts in this topic

I think the Vikes should really look at picking him up!!! We don't have a vet in the reciever spot and I think we could really use one with all the vikes recievers being really young! He really hasn't had a attitude probably the past 3-4 years! I think he would be like another Chris Carter for the Vikes!!!!

Except all Cris Carter did was catch touchdowns. All Johnson can muster is a first down. The guy can rarely get into the endzone. But he is still better then anything else we have right now. Sad to say.

Quote:

Except all Cris Carter did was catch touchdowns. All Johnson can muster is a first down. The guy can rarely get into the endzone. But he is still better then anything else we have right now. Sad to say.

We need to move the chains before we can get td's The Vikes entire season last year could best be described as " Three and out" Might be worth looking at.

He is to good to come to mn, just ask him! I think he would help our team out, but he wont ever come to mn.

4we, I agree.

Johnson said "I'd like to go somewhere and help someone win another Super Bowl."

He won't be coming to the Vikings.

I actually have to laugh at the guy a little. I mean, he was the mouth from the south, cover of SI "Just throw me the [dang] ball!", that kind of stuff.

He worked for ESPN last weekend and when Carolina selected Jarrett, Johnson remarked he was "much like me" for his size and good hands. Yep, probably should have gotten a clue on that one.

It would be a nice addition, but I just don't see the queens going after him.

Overated ..and he still cant get over himself, he kept comparing receivers to himself the whole draft and then they draft jarrett, and he oohs and aws some more about himself, the panthers must have been listening and decided that he is like keyshaun except good and also with out the baggage and his staleness in the NFL, hahah KJ, I wouldnt touch him if I was Chili. tongue.gif

I liked this one "I think Calvin Johnson is a cross between Randy Moss and myself". UUmmm, no Keyshawn, CJ is not a cross between R-Mo and a career underachiever.

Yeah I would have said CJ is a cross between Moss and TO - Fast, big, strong, good route runner - but the added benefit of no "me first" attitude which puts him way above moss, TO, and Meshawn.

Keyshawn is a SOLID possesion reciever who isn't afraid to go over the middle. Key is in that stage of his career were he probably will sign one year deals to help teams win a super bowl. I would take him on my team as a #2 reciever. The Vikes need him maybe but probably will not get him. His me first attitude stinks and will never be as good as those other top wideouts.

Key can catch the ball. That's more than we can say for what was on the field last year.

Hey can also create the seperation needed to get the ball, unlike some of our others..... grin.gif

I think the vikes are in the business of developing talent this season, i dont think they would be at all interested in KJ.

Of course the big question is can he pass the Wilf "Code of Conduct" test. That seems to be the first thing looked at now.

DD

Too much of a head case for Chilly. Do you think Belicheck and the Patriots might be interested? Can you imagine what Brady is thinking...Moss on one side and Johnson on the other? ooo.gif It may be only for a season or two, but it would be worth another superbowl ring to them.

can you imagine the whining keeshawn would be doing with the play calling that childress does kj would not be playing for long cause he would tell childress just what he thinks

He has now officially retired and signed on as an ESPN analyst. Guy still had a good year or 3 left in him.

Ughhh.

Patriots should have grabbed him and gone 4 wide all season.

somebody should have taken him.....instead now I have to listen to the guy on TV all season long not like the draft wasn't enough!!! We will all be dumber for listening to him.....