Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EricSan

Elba area campground ???????

8 posts in this topic

I have been racking my brain and cannot figure this out so I thought I would see if anyone else knows. Back in the days... Me and some friends would go to a free camp area. Here are the directions somewhat:

Head down 14 to St Charles, head towards Whitewater and drive right thru Elba(After a quick stop at Johnnys) keep following the road that turns to gravel out of Elba until you come to a blacktop road w/stop sign. Take a right and the road curves around for a while and you will come to a spot where the road somewhat V's. I think there used to be an old schoolhouse or something there?? Take the left in the V and head down a gravel road for a few miles and there is an open area in the woods with a cement restroom and if I remember right there are people that would come out and do some horseback riding??

Kind of long winded here but does anyone know the name of this place? I know the DNR would come out there once in a while so it has some name I am sure?? I had many a good times here and was thinking about camping there again if it is still open?? THANKS!!!! E

Could it be Crystal Springs?

That does not sound familiar unless they changed the name???

Trout Valley? If you take a left at the Y does it wind down hill and go by a round barn?

Beaver Creek WMA?

I think it is Trout Valley!!! Thanks Dan and everyone else for your suggestions!!!

Has to be Trout Valley, what you explained is going north on highway 74 up towards Weaver, and that would eventually put you up around trout valley.

I am new to this site, but I believe there is also a campground down by Elba called Lazy D????? Could that be the one you are referring to?