Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

A Good Archery Shop in the area

6 posts in this topic

I want to get measured up for a bow this summer and start practicing. Anybody know any good archery shops or archery ranges in the area?

Thanks for the help.

I see you are in St. Paul, but if you are talking about this area, I would have to say Chalstrom's just north of Duluth on Rice Lake Road.

Chalstroms or Sportsmans Choice in Superior. Gander is good too depending on who is working that particular day.

Charlstrom's gets my vote as well.

I would say NO to Chalstroms. I have done a little minor bow work in the past, but got a drop-away and decided that i would have it set up right. The guy at Chalstroms just screwed it on, shot the bow through paper and said it was good. I thought it was odd he didn't even check center shot. When i shot the bow at home, i couldn't even move the sights enough to get it on at 20yards. Went back up to get it fixed, he tooled with it a little and had me shoot it there. The sights were off, but at least it grouped.

I had been having trouble shooting consistenly for a while and brought the bow to Shooting Star in Hayward. As soon as i pulled the bow out of the case, the guy knew something was wrong. He tweaked it for a while, we shot it, and i've been happy since. Best part? $20 at Chalstroms, plus having to go back. $5 at Shooting Star cause i bought a cheap arrow holder.

Bottom line? I will never tell anyone to go to Chalstroms for bow work.

If you get to Grand Rapids much, check my dad's place out. He owns Itasca Archery Supply and has been in business 30+ years. If you need more info. you can check out his website or email him through his site. Just search for Itasca Archery Supply and you should find his site.

Brian