Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
minnesotatuff

Visual Ice-Pack...?

minnesotatuff

i noticed by looking at and zooming on the weather (Contact Us Please) com weather satelite you can see the ice-pack on the lake. its hard to get to and only shows at a certain zoom...pretty close. the zoom is incredible. follow the shore line and you really get a perspective. you can see landings and what appears to be the bottom. too bad we couldnt zoom to the extents...

regards,

minnesotatuff

JTeyes

Not sure what you are seeing, but the aerial photos on weather.com aren't real time. The UMN climatology office listed the 28th as the official ice out date for Mille Lacs.

bear05

Also if you look at the east side of the lake you can what looks like boats with wakes behind them.

minnesotatuff

i noticed what looks like that also. its fun to research and look at. its not realtime, but it is fairly current from everything i can tell. i can see my truck parked in my drive and have noticed vehicles other times. i wonder if anyone has taken a boat out into the lake looking for an icepack or flown over it?

in the first message starting this blog there is a note to (contact us please). im sorry if it wasnt appropriate. it wasnt meant as advertising or anything like that, just information for anyone to learn more about mille lacs. i dont want to be offensive or do anything against the rules. it is a very knowledgeable experience being part of fishingminnesota.com and i just want to contribute.

best of luck to all on opener,

regards,

minnesotatuff

MuleShack

I just browsed the site in question to look at my house and developement. Our house was built in 2004--as one of the last houses built in said development. The photo on the Sat image showed only 4 houses in our developement...so that had to be from 2002 to 2003.

FYI

minnesotatuff

well, that puts a perspective on it, thanks.

regards,

minnesotatuff