Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyesonly

No Wake ??

7 posts in this topic

I had people blasting by me all day both days around Afton. Isn't the no wake zone still in effect even with out the buoys out ? It was pretty frustrating and the younger me would have threw out a finger maybe but I had my little boy with and I'm trying to change my ways-You know not all of them were new to the river. Kind of slow for me also-four fish all weekend all around Afton. On a side note it was nice meeting Walli1 in person finally and I could not believe all the people out.

Well I was the one boat that slowed down around any fisherpeople. It is a matter of respect. So it takes 5 more minutes. Big deal.

In fact up by the high bridge they were blowing by the zebra mussel line too. Happens every year until the buoys are out. Sounds like it was slow for everyone else...

I got checked by the CO and I asked them that same question today!! I asked because some guy blew through the Kinni area with a big wake yesterday...

They said, "yes the no wake zones are still in effect. We can tell the boaters, but cannot give them a ticket because the Buoys are not out yet".

Time to get the buoys out, me thinks.

Yes, no buoys equals no rules!

It has been a few years since I have been on the river. I am a curtious boater and always slow down by others. How does one know where the no wake zones are if there are no bouys? I have no problem following no wake if I know where it is. I am planning on hitting the river from Stillwater to the kinnie and help on no wake zones would be appreciated. Thanks

The DNR has maps of the river tht show the no wake zones. I believe you can get them at the DNR HQ in St. Paul. They have a great book that details all of the launches and no wake zones for both the St. Croix and the Mississippi Rivers.

If the water is skinny it is a no wake zone. Hudson channel, Afton Point, Kinni narrows, and entrance to Prescott. It is not enforced until the markers are out but if there are other boaters around you should slow down. The bite is on!! Have fun.