• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I took my new boat out for the first time on chisago lake on saturday. The lake was busier than I thought it would be. We went all over the place and couldn't buy a bite. But then we found this little sheltered bay and started nailing the BIG sunfish! At least 60 of the 70+ sunnies we caught were bigger than the back of my hand...some were topping out at 1/2 pound. We were using minnows for bait hoping to catch crappies, only a couple of them, but the big sunnies were a great consolation. Had a few bass and an encounter with a big dogfish too. Every fish was released. Was a good day to be out. Anyone else fish the chain this past weekend? How'd you do?

South Center seems different. Seems the fish have left the bays and are out on the main body. We destroyed sunfish on the north side in about 7 FOW. They were right on top of the weeds. Yellow Flu Flu with wax worms for the sunfish and dragging a small mimmic minnow real slow worked on the crappies.

Quote:

South Center seems different. Seems the fish have left the bays and are out on the main body. We destroyed sunfish on the north side in about 7 FOW. They were right on top of the weeds. Yellow Flu Flu with wax worms for the sunfish and dragging a small mimmic minnow real slow worked on the crappies.

We were on S.C. Sunday evening, in the little bay, straight across from the boat launch.

Couldn't buy a bite in shallow water (8-10') but when we got out in 13', each time, my wife picked up a walleye on a little jig head w/ crappie minnow. (3) about 6-8", and one 18" walleye.

We too were looking for the crappies.

We found them about 200 yards straight out from the boat launch, not near shore, in 8' of water.

We trolled up and down the shore a couple of times just to the east of the boat launch, but nothing was there at that time.