• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Draft Grade for your fav. club

Scott M

I like the Vikings, but I give them a B. I liked the Peterson pick to take the best available player who happens to be a standout guy off the field. Not too sure about having a second South Carolina receiver in Rice, kind of wanted the slow guy with the good hands who went a to Carolina a couple picks later. But he's supposed to be good and it sounds like he has a good attitude and already wants to start. I hope the cornerback can play a little. Don't know about anybody from day two. They filled a few holes anyway. Under the "chilly plan" will the Vikings be drafting in the first ten spots for a number of years to "build through the draft?" I hope not...I hope Tarvaris is the man because they justified not taking Quinn from their previous draft move to take Jackson. It's gonna be a long year (2-4 wins IMO), but that's a whole 'nother story.

I'm OK with the B grade as well and if Rice is the real deal then I can go to a B+. If any one of the third through fifth rounders turn into diamonds then we are A material but we won't know that for a few years most likely.

I have to give teh vikes a C.

Their draft was average, I think that Peterson was a good choice, With the O line that the Vikes have, they will make him a star and CT will be a good back up just liek he is meant to be.

I heard somewhere that Rice ran a 4.55??? If that is true, that is slow by NFL standards isn't it?

I think that they will have a 500 season. But Adrian Peterson will be alot of fun to watch.

John

Quote:

With the O line that the Vikes have, they will make him a star

Vikes O line stinks. Hutch and Birk are good. Mckinney stinks, Marcus johnson stinks, I heared Ryan Cook will be are right guard, so there is a question mark. AP and CT will have to get yards on their own.

Ryan Cook will be are right tackle not our right guard as I earlier stated. I don't think the Vikes drafted one O-lineman in the draft. They sure haven't done much to the O-line in free agency either. They are to busy signing high jumpers. We should have went and got Darrel Jackson for a 4th round pick. I guess we will have to roll with Williamson, Wade and Sidney Rice. Sounds like 4-12. I hope I am wrong but sounds like 4-12.

We'd drafted a boatload of talent in this draft!

Peterson, Rice and McCauley will all be starters within two years.

Rice is young and raw but has great hands and size.

McCauley had a down year. He was recovering from a concussion and his coaches think he was a little "shy" coming back from the concussion. Possibly senioritis.

Robison should be a very good situational pass rusher and a top notch special teamer.

Alexander is a speedy sideline to sideline linebacker who hits like a truck. He's a bit small but he has room to bulk up. He will also spend some time on special teams. Adds depth to linebacking corp.

Allison has good hands and decent speed. He'll go over the middle and can take a short pass and go the distance. He needs some good coaching and some time and he'll be a productive player. It will probably take a couple of years for him to blossom. He may return kicks.

If AP pans out(stays healthy) look out. He's the next great NFL runningback.

I do wish we'd have pick up an offensive lineman late in the draft. Beekman from BC could have come in and started immediately on the right side. This was IMO a slip up in our draft. I'll give us a "B" because we did'nt address the o-line.

Seen today on the strib that the vikings made offers that were accepted and will be signed on friday to 16 undrafted rookie free agents. 4 of those are O-lineman for sure, they haven't released the list yet, waiting till they get the agreement signed. They posted 12 names so who knows who the unknown 4 are. They also are inviting around 20 other free agents to minicamp on Friday. I know they aren't blue chip talent but you never know, especially with O-lineman I think if they are a mediocre/need work talent they tend to fall a lot farther than the skill positions.

I am pretty impressed with what the Browns did. We needed a shot in the arm and the first 3 picks were what the doctor ordered in Thomas, Quinn, and Wright.

double2.jpg

Tim,

I know you were pretty strong in wanting Peterson but I think getting both Thomas and Quinn must have taken a little of the sting off of that. Very impressed by the Browns this year. Wright may have some character questions but he is a player. Keep him away from motorcycles and any Bengals players and you got a heck of a player and only because of an aggressive move up to get him. Gotta like it.