Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

Reno opener?

4 posts in this topic

I used to fish reno years ago and do pretty good on the walleyes, anyone know how the bite has been the last couple years, I was thinking about going there on opener? any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote:

I used to fish reno years ago and do pretty good on the walleyes, anyone know how the bite has been the last couple years, I was thinking about going there on opener? any suggestions would be appreciated.

Problem with Reno is that there has been some massive and strong year classes of perch that have kept the eyes occupied...While things are improving now, it's still not what you would call a "Hot Bite."

I fished Reno the past 4 openers and it is hit or miss, but mainly miss due to the previous responder's point about the perch. Then again, there should be some biggin's in there to catch as well.

I'd agree that if it's walleyes you're after it will be hit and miss. But if it's a meal you're after the perch are good table fair. There are some good sized perch out there now after a few years of monster hatches. Just need to thin out the herd.