• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunday - 2nd Day Open, 2nd S-L-O-W Day...

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Spent 10 hours yesterday and 7 hours today on the Croix. Today was worse then yesterday. At least I saw "ONE" Walleye caught yesterday out of a Ton of boats, luckily I got 2.

Today, I saw "Zero" caught, luckily I caught one 17". That's it. Hmph!

confused.gif

Most all fish marked were in 14-17 feet, nothing shallower, not much deeper.

Could be the "Nice" weather, but who knows for sure.

I'll hit it again in the Monday morning.

I'd say give it a week and things will take off. My guess is there is a bit of post spawn blues going on. I caught a sauger last week that was milting yet while fishing for white bass so we may have the tail end of the pawn going with a bit of a lag before the bite picks up.

Tunrevir~

How was the crowd today? Did you fish in the spots as yesterday? Not sure if I am glad I stayed home and finished the yard or not. confused.gif

It was a smaller, later arriving crowd. I fished the same places, plus another couple spots. There are probably several factors why it's slow, but they gotta be biting somewhere! smile.gif

I'll hit it again and take off to some other places shortly after if it's slow.

See ya all out on the water...

Tim, sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you guys on Saturday. I did have my phone on the boat but it was in the glove compartment and I didn't notice you had called until I had the boat on the trailer. I spent most of my day below Prescott on the Mississippi withour a whole lot of success. I did manage a nice fat sauger (still swimming) and about a 5 pound sheepshead (also still swimming). Other than smashing my finger in the tiller as I was lowering it the day could not have been better.