Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Thiem

Fun morning at the lake!

8 posts in this topic

Yesterday mornig DzNuts (Ryan) and I went out to the lake early in the morning. The day started out a bit slow but as soon as the sun started brightening things up, the bite started warming up good too.

The areas of downed trees and docks seemed to do us pretty well. As long as there was some deeper water close by. As a matter of fact one place we were at, the front of the boat was only 4 feet and the back was 17 feet.

Fished without bait just 1/32 oz. and 1/8th oz. jigs and an assorment of plastic. I don't know but if I had to guess white was the best color.

We caught gills, crappies, and accidental bass and northerns. Ryan got broke off once on a nice one. Only got to see glimpses of it because each time he got it up it would dart away. Later in the morning at a different area he catches another northern. Finally got it to the boat, snapped a quick picture and released it. He's going to have to post the picture. Very nice looking fish. Cool colors.

I caught my biggest white (it is a white aint it?) so far this year too. Here's the picture of it. All fish were released today. Nothing went home.

whitecrappieus2.jpg

Nice fish Dan...how much did that hog weigh...2 maybe 3 pounds? grin.gif Good photo, good fish..."The Crappie Hit man!"

That was a very nice crappie. That accu-casting you do is incredible.

Thanks for chartering, Dan. I had no idea a person could actually catch that many fish in one morning. And Dan was even dissapointed in the "low numbers". I have obviously been fishing wrong this whole time. blush.gif

I lost the first slimer cause I was impatient and worried about running out of line (4lbs test and only about 30 ft of it), but Dan had some extra line sitting in the boat so he tied that on so I was able to have a full spool again and was ready for the next fight. grin.gif

The beast weighed in a 5.8 lbs. Maybe not the biggest in the lake, but the biggest fish I ever boated.

post-166-1177780674.jpg

Nice report guys! Sounds like Dan did a good job of putting you on some fish.

Don't forget about this one! cool.gif

dscf3163ag4.jpg

Awesome fish guys. The Zum is really starting to heat up. I still have not tied into one of those pikers yet, but my time will come.

Yep Dan, that's a whity. And a NICE one.

Nice work guys, another couple weeks and one of those guys will be eligibile for big fish in the UPLR events. That will make the events more interesting!

BTW Ryan,

That nortski has really cool colors. NICE