Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johnny_Da_Der

Bait Shop - Hampton? Cannon Falls?

6 posts in this topic

I am planning on heading down towards the Cannon River and was wondering if anybody knows if there is a bait shop in the area.

Good question - I live South of Hastings and was wondering the same thing lately.

There is a small garage in cannon falls. I can't remember what street, but it is about a 1/2 block West of the main drag, Street is somewhere around the the cenex gas station and the other gas station. I am sure some on in the store whould get you on you way. Very small hand painted sign on ground leaning on garage, it is detatched from main house, I think they may both be painted greeen. You may have to ring bell if he's in the house. I may be able to find out the cross street and post. when are you headed down? Almost went down the cannon yesterday, but was talked into the kinnikinick, beautiful float.

The Oasis on Cty Rd 19, right off of Hwy 52 sells bait

Oasis is where I stop. There is nothing in Hampton (as far as bait goes).

I was went down yesterday at the bridge on 56 (I think it's 56).

Somehow I managed to get skunked. There were a handful of other people down there catching carp, redhorse, even a few walleye. I had some crawlers and minnows. Didn't even get a bite..... not sure what i was doing wrong.

Thanks for the bait shop tips guys.