• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

has anybody been out to madison lake lately? how is the panfish bite? im still in the process of putting my boat back together and i think im headed out there as soon as i get done. what do u think opener will be like out there? my guess is that a lot of people will be headed out to elysian but madison will be full of people also.

Crappie tournament Sat from 9:30-2:30 North shore access wiegh in. Come and check that out and you'll see who knows where they are on the lake. Otherwise the night bite there isn't on that great yet I would fish Washington.

I was out on madison last night from 5:30 to 8:30. It seemed like the crappies weren't schooled up as much as they usually are on madison. me and a buddy did end up catching around 20 crappies mostly 9.5 to 10 inches and one at 11". we really had to work for em. If we found a school of them there would only be about 4 or 5 in the school but they were very aggressive. If you put a little time in and fid the fish you shouldn't have a problem catching a few for the fry pan.

Opener should be solid out there. Hopefully the gizzard shad have a better year than they did last year.

I'd be interested to know as well.

How many fish could be weighed in per team?

My buddy fished it. Yes, 10 fish for 5.9#. Most boats in the 4.5# range.

The big ones must have been hiding.

My father and I fished 4/29 from 8:30am to 1:00pm. Caught 65 crappies biggest was 12.5" and a couple over 11".

Sounds like you should have fished the crappie tournament out there. blush.gif

I was kinda thinking that too! Oh well, I had a good time catching some sunnies on Francis on Saturday. I was just happy to get into them on Sunday.