Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KOTTKE

Lake Marion Cats

4 posts in this topic

When I was younger about 10 yrs ago we used to fish cats in marion every spring. It been a while since I heard of anyone trying this. We used to get fish up to 25lbs. Anyone out there been out to marion and tried latley or are all the kittys gone. The DNR put these fish in about 15-20 yrs ago, don't know if they still do.

I know last year I caught a few about 2 pounds in there. I have got bigger ones in Lake Allie up to 15 pounds last couple years.

I was out like 3-4 years ago and we got a bunch, but it was HOT! Then the next year I came back the same time of year and it was really cold that night...no dice.

They are in there though...lots of nice fish. Haven't ever patterned them, but I don't put my time in and I'm not a big cat guy. Some of the big cat guys might get challenged by this lake. It ain't the river, that's for sure, but even worse, there isn't much for definitive structure in the lake.

I wason Marion last Sunday and caught a few Walleyes and hoped not to catch any cats.I was on the west side of the lake last year doing the same thing and ended up catching a 25" 15lb cat. Have heard of bigger ones than that being caught.