Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
1forwalleye

Electronics Security

1forwalleye

I had a question about securing sonar or gps units to a boat. As expensive as this equipment is these days, I was wondering what others do to prevent theft? I just ordered a locking system that involves a stainless steel cable system. I know it can probably be cut but would make a thief work a little harder. It is a hassle to remove electronic equipment or to keep checking on boat whenever my boat is parked at a hotel, bait shop, restaurant, etc. Thanks for any comments.

Bassboy1645

well the only thing I can think or is removing them. All I have for depthfinder is an Fl-18 flasher so I usually pop that out of the bracket and store it in my locked truck along with the rods. If nothing else put your boat cover on and get a window seat If possible to keep an eye on your rig. Does anyone have any ideas for locking small transom mount trolling motors down??

slotlimit

I take all my electronics into the hotel room with me. If someone wants to steal your stuff in the parking lot they will. If you lock it in the truck then you just have missing stuff with a broken window. Just my opinion but for the 5 minutes it takes me to take off the depth finder and the trollng motor it well worth it to know the next morning I will still have it.

Down Deep

I take mine off and either secure them in the vehicle or bring them inside. I store them in two plastic pistol cases. The egg foam works to protect them from getting damaged. I think I paid about $10 for each.

Northlander

Only safe thing is to take them off. I havent found 1 system that I couldnt have off a boat in a short amnount of time.

JohnMickish

I purchased an aluminum briefcase style toolbox from Home Depot for $20 and that stores my X-15, Globalmap 3000 and my Garmin 320C, plus there is room for my handheld GPS if I bring it. That way I can carry all three and put them in a secure location.

FishdogCo

Hmmm....

Lets think about this...I have at least 2k of electronic on the dash.....I havenever taken them off....I do cover the boat at night or at the hotel...on the other hand, I have over 8k of tackle in the boat...that comes out and gets locked up when out of town. there are way too many baits that have "history' on them to loose them ... I have great insurance and the electonics have no history. I can replace those tomorrow. But, woe to the knucklehead that I find under my boat cover in the middle of the night. He will suffer and learn lots of lessons and then we will call the law if at all.

Mark

Team Fishdog

Gus

I take my electronics off every time I trailer. I don't like them bouncing around on/in the boat so I have a small padded case for them all. It only takes about 2 or 3 minutes to disconnect and store my bow, console, and gps units. No big deal to me.