Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marine_man

.22 Pistol

13 posts in this topic

Here's the deal: My dad is looking for a new .22 pistol for plinking. His only specs are It needs to be chambered for .22 LR, Semi Auto and in Stainless Steel finish. He's thinking either Ruger or Smith & Wesson, but is open to other options.

Any reccomendations?

Thanks!

marine_man

My father has a ruger .22 that he bought probably 10 years ago, nice gun, no problems.

I have a Ruger and love the gun, very accurate.

I have a browning buckmark.I really like it. Very accurate and good looking. You can really deck them out if you want.

Kyle

I have a Ruger also a 22/45 w/bull barrel, very nice, have had no problems, accurate.

Ruger with a cheap red (Contact Us Please) scope is the way I go.

Get a few extra clips too. I load up on eggs when

they go on sale and hit the sand pit. Great way to

have good cheap fun.

The Ruger with a bull barrel is a great gun for the price. I have one that i have put thousands of rounds through. My only complaint is that it is a PITA to clean and as I'm sure you know the .22 rimrire is a filthy little cartridge. That being said, when it needs to be replaced I'll be getting another one.

I agree, the Ruger is a great gun for the money. Very reliable and accurate! Good luck!

The Ruger bull barrell is a great accurate gun. I had a S&W that shot very poorly. I took it back and they acknowledged that that particular model had problems. Traded up for the Ruger.

i agree the ruger with the bull barrel and a nice scope to boot also in stainless. i have a blued one and it looks intimadating and is a roit to shoot as far as clean up goes i always bring out a tarp to shoot over. clean up is a matter of folding up and pouring into a box. works great. ... paul

I'll second the Browning buckmark, its a nice handling gun. I got the camo model and love the unique look of it.

Thanks for the help everyone!

He's still undecided, but leaning toward a Ruger.

marine_man

I own a berreta Neos, nice gun, only thing that gave me trouble was over oiled/greased mags, once cleaned, never gave me another problem... nicely balanced, good sized grips....I have also shot the buckmark and the smith and wesson, both really nice also....the berreta is loud, like all berreta I guess ( own two )