Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ebiz

1988 9.9 Evinrude Fuel Mixture

8 posts in this topic

I just bought a new to me 1988 9.9 Evinrude 2 stroke. I'm assuming it's a 50:1 mix for the gas and oil. Am I assuming correctly?

Yes!

I just bought a 1988 Evenrude 15hp.it says on the motor fuel intake 100-1

Yes Sir, that's correct. 50 to 1

A lot of the small 1988 motors from evenrude were sold with an automixing tank and were labeled at 100-1. After tons of service claims Evinrude come out with a bulletin to run 50-1. I used to an '88 15 horse. I ran 50-1, no problems.

Thanks JollyT,It had me wondering I've never heard of 100-1

Thanks to everyone for the input, it's always good to know for sure.

I have a 1985 25 hp Johnson that says 100:1. I ran it that way for many years before hearing that I shouldn't and switched to 50:1. I never had any problems. I heard the cylinders were rusting if it went long periods between uses. I used mine 2-4 times per week and winterized it religiously.