Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juan Grande

Blue

16 posts in this topic

Anyone been out on Blue this spring? Have any luck with pannies?

I'll be up there all weekend and just wondering if I should fish in that small northern basin or stay on the main lake?

i was out sunday and...........you can follow the crowd and catch alot of small crappies and sunnies.........

Ozzie,

You gonna be out there at all this weekend? We should meet up.

i live about 3 miles away......i plan on being around but without a boat i really don't go to Blue alot because the culvert area gets cramped so I fish other little lakes that i can wade in with my rubber boots....when ya gonna be around???? I don't like to give out my phone number on web sites and my e-mail is for work only but if you want to leave a way for me to contact you like your e-mail address I can contact you and give you some insight on where to look or maybe meet up and wet a line...........

I'll be at the in-laws up on Blue all weekend. I'll probably be on the water quite a bit. Shoot me an email at jsslusarczyk@comcast.net and we can talk. I'd be willing to pull the boat to another lake in the area if you know of a better bite.

Ozzie,

Shoot me an email at home if you want to go out tomorrow.

John

i had sent an e-mail to you......give me a call and hopefully we can hook up and chase down those panfish.......only thing that might hold me back is if I am already on the water!!! Hope to hear from ya

Ozzie,

Sorry we didn't hook up. I ended up leaving straight from work and I can't check that email address from work.

Did you end up making it out? I was out most of the weekend on the north basin on Blue. Couldn't find a crappie for the life of me, but caught a bunch of sunnies. Northerns and bass kept hitting my flu-flu/crappie minnow combo, but no crops.

Water temp was 65 degrees in there.

Did you have any luck?

Juan- Was out on Friday night and Sunday morning on Blue......Fished the north end of little blue and the river inbetween little and big on Friday and caught acouple crappies and sunnies-and sunday started out same spots as Fri but caught a few by the opening by the flat landing. All fish were small but we did find a few nice sunnies.

Maybe next time your up we can get out......you have my number just give me a call.........Take care-Thanks-Oz

The spot I used to fish(In-Laws have a house there)is on the south end on the side where the ski jump is. Work that shoreline(Esatside) from the shore out past the docks.

Ron,

What did you get on the south end, pannies? Not a whole lot of people fish the south end. I should give it a try.

We have tried the hole right around the ski jump and nothing was in there and we tried along the shore but we didn't connect on anything, but we also didn't stick around to long in that area.............I know in the summer I have done decent in that general area.

Ah yes the ski jump. I've fished that area and was rewarded very nicely. Plain hook and minnow head was the trick last summer.

We fished there in the spring for crappies. Plain #6 gold hook,sinker and bobber is what we used. The livelier the minnow the better. We didn't fish the deep whole. We fished out from the docks one or two down from the ski jump when you are facing the shoreline. I also have favorite walleye and northern spots, but I am not quite ready to give those out yet. wink.gif

Anyone out on Blue this past weekend? Bass fishing was slow for us on Sat. morning. We fished some T rigged stick baits with little luck. Switched to trolling to avoid dealing with the wind. Got one nice 16" walleye, but that was it.

I went out on Monday. Caught a few smaller bass around the pads by the north landing. Caught some bigger bass with a jigworm deeper in front of the landing.