Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishing_Novice

Navionics or Lake Master

5 posts in this topic

First time posting long time reader.

My question is, I will be heading to Lake of the Woods May 31st. for a week.We will be staying at Long Point Resort. It will be my first time there and I was going to purchase chip for my GPS. I already have the MN Lake Master chip but it does not include Lake of the Woods.What chip should I get,Navionics or Lake Master?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Scott from Elk River,MN

its depends because i think as of right know the Lakemaster only has the US side on it and the Navionics has it all!!! So where are u going to all be fishing?

Check out the new Navionics "LOTW+2K" chip. It has 1' contours for the US side of LOTW, chart data for the Canadian side of LOTW, 34 other northern MN lakes in high-definition, and nearly 2,000 other MN lakes, among other things...

Thanks for the info guys, I will check out that Navionics.

I don't know where we will be fishing that week.But I do know we will have a lot of fun. There will be about 16 of us and some of them fish LOTW every year.Do you have any spots you would recommend around Long Point?

Do either of these brands still have the CD (disc) to load maps into my 1995 Eagle Ultramap/GPS locator? I looked at Gander and they didn't have them.