Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz

How many Ice Trails to Knight & Bridges??

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering how many Ice trails there are to Knight and Bridges from the Pine area in the winter. I know there is a State trail, that only Snowmobles and Bombers with the extra Trail Sticker can use. But do they drag the big fish houses down that trail too? The local CO advised that only vehicles with rear tracks and front skis are allowed on the trail. I've got a "four" tracked Ranger and would like to get to the Islands, pulling a drop down house next winter.. Do the Resorts have an Trail they use so as not to "Rut Up" the groomed trail?? Thanks for the answers.. Kaz

Kaz: Last winter Ballards had another road to the east of the State Trail and thats how they pulled the houses and transported us to the Knight and Bridges area. In some instances Ballards ran right next to the State trail and the resort worked on dragging the rough spots out. With minimal snow last year the fish house moving did not present a problem for them. Bill

Thanks Bill: I was wondering because my rig has tracks on front and rear. The CO up there said you have to have skis on the front and be licensed as a Snomobile, will I wasn't going to do that and still want to run out to Knight and Bridges.. I'm just a Class II Off Road.. Take care and try to make it up sometime this summer... Dick