• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What does everyone think about the bill that is being considered to add an ammendment to the state constituton funding the outdoors and the arts? I personally am opposed to it because they just had to tack on the arts portion of it. It is frustrating that the arts people had to attach their agenda to a bill that has been worked on by a lot of sportman groups and friends of the outdoors. I would really like to see the so called arts people stand on their own two feet and do their own work. This is a classic example of the work of the many benefiting the few. Everyone benefits from preserving the outdoors while significantly fewer folks benefit from the arts.

I also agree with your thinking, but unfortunately I do not think that the "arts" people plan to detatch themselves from what they see as a "sure thing" bill! frown.gif

Cliff

I am sick and tired of the way our legislatures add all of these "tag ons" to bills that should be passed. This is common practice in both the house and senate. This is the only way that many of these groups would ever recieve the funding that they do. I am in no way "anti-arts" but I just don't think that these two things should be tied together.

Just my two cents!

There is a move to boycott your area for tourism since your state senator voted to kill the amendment. Clean water=tourism. This is becoming big.