Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Prayers

7 posts in this topic

Please say a prayer for the family of John Lueck. He passed away this past weekend. He was the owner of the Oasis in Pequot Lakes.

Thank you,

Walleyedan

I knew John well. You could go in and have a cup of coffee and he would talk fishing. It hard to understand. Nice family, seemed to have everything going for him. Appreciate what you have, not what you dont have. Im going out on pelican today, dont care if I catch anything. Want to feel that breeze in my face and be happy. Have a good one.

Done

I didn't know John, but I'm sure his family will need our prayers and all the help they can get.

Thanks Dan, for your post.

Great post, I am from the Detroit Lakes area and have always stopped in at the store. 1st class all the way. I will add them to my prays.

The Fisherman's Prayer For John Lueck:

God grant that I may live to fish

Until my dying day

And when it comes to my last cast

I then most humbly pray

When in the Lord's safe landing net

I'm peacefully asleep

That in his mercy I be judged

As good enough to keep.

I knew John well, and it was a tragic suprise to hear of the circumstances. I never thought he was the type. He had $$ and an awesome mom/dad, kids and wife.

I was saddened to hear of it. I still feel strange!

He was a heck of a guy, always smiling.

...he'll be missed.

May God take you into his kingdom.

God bless.

frown.gif

I dont know the whole story, just what I read.

My heart goes out for his family. Dealing with a mental illness is a hard thing. As a society, we need to deal with depression like we do all other illnesses( Diabetes, Cancer, HIV, etc). Be proactive, get help, get educated on Mental Health issues. Nobody knows the pain he went through, one can only imagine.

May he rest in peace.