• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

how can i get paid to fish?

joeyquicksand*

Howdy!

Im originally from Oregon, and when I lived there we used to fish for Northern Squawfish. These were the only natural predators to baby salmons on the Columbia River and the DNR in Oregon had devised a program to help control the Squawfish population. When I fished it, the DNR would pay 4 bucks for any squawfish 11" and bigger. Also, they would hold weekly mini tournaments at the check in stations, possible prizes included money, fishing gear and outdoor gear like binoculars, tackeboxes etc. In addition, after the first 100 fish, you will then bump up to the next level of payment, $5 per fish over 11". I won one weekly tournament one time and bagged a tackelbox, $500 and a Ugly Stik fishing pole. It was a 28" squawfish. I think they are calledf pike-minnows now. Anywho, I couldnt find a net link to it so sorry I cant link you to a website. I have to say, it was really fun and rewarding. I'd bag about 20 or so squawfish a day, about $100 a day fishing. Sometimes you'll do great with 30+ fish. Anywho...lots of moneymaking fish opportunites around. Happy Fishin! laugh.gif

You can always try to get a spot on a crab boat out in Alaska. Check out "Deadliest Catch" on the Discovery Channel and see if you think you're up to it.

Better bring your Huggies.

Start your own commercial carp fishing business. I'm sure you could get in cahoots with someone that would buy it by the pound. Buffalo could be your "bonus" fish.

Well, you could go on welfare. There's enough people sitting on their couches and squirting out kids to get welfare so you could rob the system by fishing. I don't think that you get the same credits from Uncle Sam though. wink.gif

I've been thinking about this and here is my idea. Why not try to get involved with a resort/launch on say Mile Lacs, Winni, LOTW, or any of those big lakes so you are doing what yoou love.

I tought about this for ya and I came up with a fool proof solution on how you can make money fishing....take some paid sick days! grin.gif

Quote:

I tought about this for ya and I came up with a fool proof solution on how you can make money fishing....take some paid sick days!
grin.gif

What about the people that dont get those?

I heard there are some really nice boats that go out on Minnetonka with celebrity types like the vikings and you could work as a crew member, turn the other cheek and just fish and when they hand out the indictments you can say, "I was just along to fish, I didn't see anything because i was fishing. grin.gif

Tunrevir~ grin.gif

Well change jobs for Petes sake! grin.gif So you can get sick days to go fishing...and make some money, don't ya know. We'er talking fishing here! grin.gif

Quote:

Start your own commercial carp fishing business. I'm sure you could get in cahoots with someone that would buy it by the pound. Buffalo could be your "bonus" fish.

I wondered about doing this. heres my million dollar idea. Is it legal to take the Carp I catch and bring them to the outdoor flea markets around town say Aldrich arena and sell my fish. If it is legal to do this what would a pound of Carp go for? Do you think they would care if they came from the Mississippi? I'm assuming I could unload them pretty easily.

One of my sons took a couple trips to Florida and took the day boats out fishing. He said there are retired guys who go out several times a week fishing. When they get back to shore there are fish buyers who buy their catch and they can pay their boat fees and sometimes make a profit.

He took a trip to the Bahamas and took a day boat out the second day. For the rest of his stay, the boat captain hired him on as a boat boy and then tried to talk him into quitting his job here and staying on. That kid has a magic touch with fish. His brothers call him him a force of nature. They can't explain why fish bite for him and deer walk under his stand and stop.

Become a teacher and get paid over 12 months rather than 9. less per check, but, it means your getting paid in the summer while your fishing. Just a thought

Quote:

One of my sons took a couple trips to Florida and took the day boats out fishing. He said there are retired guys who go out several times a week fishing. When they get back to shore there are fish buyers who buy their catch and they can pay their boat fees and sometimes make a profit.

He took a trip to the Bahamas and took a day boat out the second day. For the rest of his stay, the boat captain hired him on as a boat boy and then tried to talk him into quitting his job here and staying on.

I gotta echo this one - plenty of opportunities in Florida to make some $$$ fishing... Intercoastal and off-shore. The new Bahamas regs stink, but that'd be a whole other thread.