Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
tmvikings

Help Please Help!!!!

tmvikings    0
tmvikings

I have a 25 horse Johnson that does not idle well at all, and it also needs the choke a lot to get it started and to get the boat to plain out. One guy told me that the carburetor may be dirty and so I did the whole sea foam spray thing seemed to help but I want it running at 100 %. It has to idle well for all the back trolling I am going to be doing. When I first got out I thought maybe the left over gas was bad and had a part in it.

Thanks for any helpful hints.

tmvikings    0
tmvikings

Did I say please

Fish&Fowl    0
Fish&Fowl

I had the same sort of problem with my 20 horse evinrude on my duck boat. I took it to my neighbor/small engine mechanic/life-saver for a good clean-up and tune-up since I'm not the biggest gearhead around. Now that thing starts in 2-3 pulls and runs like a top. Sea-foam will do wonders if everything isn't too dirty, but a good ol' fashioned cleaning is the first step.

Scott K    28
Scott K

Im sure the old gas plugged some of the jets in your carb, you will need to pull the carb off and clean it out good!

Valv    0
Valv

Quote:

Im sure the old gas plugged some of the jets in your carb, you will need to pull the carb off and clean it out good!

Yep, that's right, you need to have carb cleaned and possibly rebuilt

mudslinger64    0
mudslinger64

did you take the carb apart or just add seafoam to the gas?if not pull the carb out tear it apart and get a rebuild kit for it,soak all of your carb parts in carb cleaner then blow them out with compressed air make sure you have your floats set right and set your air adjustment screws.add new plugs and fuel filter it sounds like it is starving for fuel so it may even be the fuel pump going bad.always use the best gas you can get for it.if that doesn't work check your cylinder compession.

tmvikings    0
tmvikings

Looks like not so hrad of a job. what would I need from a rebuild kit a couple of gaskits? How much would a kit run?

Once I get the motor going I put in gear and it takes off and will run fine but again when I go to a idle it sputters and quits. Is it still the Carb?

eurolarva    0
eurolarva

Seafoam is pretty much worthless in a carburator. It is designed as a decarb and has to go into a hot engine and basically steam clean the cylinders where the carbon resides. Cold as just a spray it might be a mild lubricant but that is it. Carbs were abandoned by car companies because they are prone to clogging and get dirty. The newer gas that we buy has about half the shelf life as gas made in the 60s and 70s. A carb rebuild kit is around 20 bucks for most carbs and require about an hour to rebuild. Cleaning should be done with either contact cleaner or a mild carb cleaner with compressed air and a small guage wire. Most carbs have very small holes that are covered by a welsh plug. These holes are the idle ciruit of the carb and tend to get plugged easily. One quick solution is to remove the idle mixture screw and shoot some carb cleaner in there and then reset the mixture screw.

What ever you do you dont want to run that motor with the choke. If you do you are running lean and the motor is more prone to seizing up from the lack of lubrication it is no longer getting from the gas because of the lean condition.

tmvikings    0
tmvikings

THANKS-eurolarva and all

tmvikings    0
tmvikings

Okay I have my carb kit but there is a bolt that has the electric start in front of it...The job is getting bigger.

tmvikings    0
tmvikings

What’s the best way to get the electric start off the engine block, so I can get to the bolt that’s holding the carb in place? Seems like a lot of extra work—looking to the internet for any way to get this done.

Thanks for the help

Pikeslayer    0
Pikeslayer

Dont panic! Sit back and take a long hard look at it or take a photo of it so you can remember how it go"s back together.You can do it! smile.gif