• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Griffey sidelined again

Scott M

I just feel bad for this guy. It's a new injury or ailment every year. He's just got the worst luck. Griffey confirmed that he was diagnosed about six months ago with diverticulitis, or inflammation of the colon.

"It's just a condition that I have," Griffey said. "I've got to watch everything that I eat. There are certain foods that I have to stay away from. It's something that a lot of people have, and it's uncomfortable."

If he didn't have so many injuries throughout his career, he probably would be higher on the all time career home run list than 11th. Maybe we'd be talking about him breaking the all time record instead of Bonds.

ummmmmmm......this won't affect him in his playing ability at all.....but the guy does have bad luck.......

More than a few players would like to have his bad luck. He just passed Reggie J on the HR list. Best player in the game for a good while at Seattle. Definite first ballot HOF. Grif will be OK I think.

I have said for a couple of seasons now that he would make a great DH in a Twins uniform. He used to CRUSH the ball at the Dome. DH'ing will add 5 years onto his playing time as well.

• 4 weeks later...

He just passed Harmon Killebrew last night for 8th on the all time HR list. He's got a little in the tank yet, I guess.

DD