Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skeeterluver

Lake Francis - BIG BASS / Lake Lily

4 posts in this topic

Though some of you Bass anglers would like to know that Francis does have some huge bass. As I was out crappie fishing last friday, I landed a 7lb & 6lb bass on a red crappie hook and crappie minnow. A buddy of mine also landed a 7 1/2 lb bass off of his dock on Sunday.

Also, I'm not sure if any of you ever fished Lake Lily, but there was a major die off on the lake this year. I'm not sure if any fish survived. Anyone hear anything about lake lily??

not bad skeeter, i knew they had some big boys in there. i landed a few 4's and 5lbs during ice fishing the last few yrs in a row, were you over by the eastern side of the lake when u caught them. no i haven't heard nothing yet of lily.

Nope, not on the eastern side of the lake. I was in Wagners bay, sometimes referred to as kaplans bay. If you go into wagner's bay, go the the very northwestern side of the bay. There is a very narrow and shallow entrance into some back water, which is only around 1 -2 feet deep, less in some spots. This is where you can really catch the crappies before they start spawning. And there are obviously some huge bass in there right now. Later....

Skeet, have you landed any gills in that area yet pushing a pound?