Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Sportland_Bait

Crappie Report 04-24-07

Sportland_Bait

What a difference a day makes. I was out yesterday morning and it was a decent bite but not fast and furious. Today was a different story. It was one of those days that you just can't do anything wrong. The weather was beautiful out there today, sunshine and calm seas. The crappies were very active compared to yesterday morning. It was a 50 plus morning. This week will just get better and better each day. By the weekend, fishing should be red hot. Sorry I don't have any pics to share but I was alone, no cameraman. I was fishing for staging crappies, some were going shallow but many were just on the verge of heading in. Water temps are hanging in the mid 40s, but this sunshine will help. The fish were just slamming the baits today. Northland firefly jigs tipped with gulp or a jig and puddle jumper have been hot. The big ones are starting to show up too. I had quite a few in the 12-13 1/2 inch range. It's a great time to play hooky from work. Our guides have a few openings if anyone wants to get in the on hot bite. I'll keep you posted again tomorrow.

Jason Erlandson

palisade1kid

This time of year you never know how they will do.

In & out they go.

A little ripple ripple on the water can make all of the difference.

If it gets a few degrees to cold they stay out .you never know but once you figure them out Ka-Ching!

Nice report.

We are over in the palisade area putting the hurt to them.

HPIM1891.jpg

Nothing monsterous ,but pretty good action.

Those bass are finding there way to the boat too,inadvertantly of coarse.

HPIM1888.jpg

they are not huge,I'd say 2.5 lbs but they are fun to reel in.

I've got a new Fenwick this year for my UL rod & it's a blast under the load those pesky bass put to it.

HPIM1886.jpg

Sportland_Bait

Nice report Keith! Back in those muddy bays you are sure to run into a bunch of bass this time of the year. Good luck on them craps.

Jason Erlandson

palisade1kid

Just killin time for those moster gills to start up.

Unfortunately they will run right into my walleye fishing.

Boo-Hoo!

I'm heading back for some slabs in 8 minutes!

I'll drop a note tommorow.

HPIM1877.jpg

Have fun with those slabs you got over their in Crow Wing Co.

Hopper

Went out for a quick trip lastnight. Found the sunfish, crappies were small. This weekend will be awesome.

Stopped by the Gull (Contact Us Please), lots of northerns, carp and some walleyes. Saw 1 big 10+ northern.

This weekend should be great!!!