Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chuckster

Anyone fishing from Shore?

11 posts in this topic

Look for a spot to go kill an hour or two after work on the river, anyone fishing from shore or is the water still too high? If so, where would be a good place to start?

Chuckster,

Water levels are coming back in line now. Typical Spring spots include, but certainly aren't limited to- dams, the confluence of any two moving waters, ditches that meet the river, culverts/currented areas. If you snoop in areas like that, you'll have a decent shot at fish. There's three dams in town on the Red and you've got a shot at fish on all three of them.

Why don't you go fling a few daredevils into Lightning Lake?? I heard that was the big ticket.........

FI

shhhhhhhhh!!! Dont give out all my secrets!

Did anyone get a hold of some decent size walleyes over the weekend on any of the rivers in the FM area. I caught a few nice eater sized walleyes but I'm looking for catching a trophy hog. I saw others catch some smaller walleyes but nothing over 3 to 3.5 pounds. For me the bite was all in the span of 20 minutes and then went 3 hours of nothing. I don't get it.

I was at Devil's Lake this weekend and haven't been on the local rivers since early last week. If we have decent weather I hope to hit a few tribs and the Red this week. I'll report in when I do.

I heard White Rock off of Traverse has been hot for some big sows, right before dark.

I heard that people are getting some nice eyes at the midtown dam with some twister tails.

Anyone else hear that?

Which one is the midtown dam?

I have been gettin a few a couple nights this week on the Maple River, but havent fished the Red yet.

I think it is the one by main ave. that is what I have heard. Not hot and heavy but a few.

I haven't heard anything about the eyes, but my friends and I had been doing pretty well on the kittys last week before all the rain. The key was using fresh mooneye. We caught several in the 10lb range. The river is still too high as I speak to get back out there though.