Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
South_Metro_Slayer

shorefishin bite is on!!!!!!

16 posts in this topic

Been hitten the shore catchin all species, last night i had a huge fish snap my cheap lighting rod i n two. Didnt see what it was alot of huge bites on suckers. Id say to every shore angler get out there the big ones r bitin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where where you at? Hidden Falls, Minnehaha Creek?

I was at Minnehaha last night and there were some fish caught I heard it was better earlier.

I'll be back at Minnehaha tonight. I thought about throwing out crawlers just to see what I might get. Last night I used all artifical and the fish wanted only live bait.

i will be heading out this evening for some good shore action

I fish mostly from the old toll bridge down to St. Paul if you venture out on pool 2# u will find lots of good shorefishing spots!

Going out with kids to night from shore up in Elk River area. Will post if we get anything.

I hit a spot for a couple hours tonite, 6-8, caught one fish. Nice twenty inch sauger caught on a chartreuse crainkbait.

480736815_3287b57114.jpg

Nice sauger, I think I caught on of those there before. Can't tell for sure, no docks in yet across the water.

nice off shore saug.if u dont mind me asking are u fishing up or down from the swinging bridge

south of the toll bridge, but that fish did not come from the main channel. I went out again tonite, but got blanked. A year ago this saturday my dad got a 31 inch walleye of this spot so I am gonna hit it a few more times before I give up on it, but it is very hit or miss.

Give 'er heck, show dad up and get that 32" that is hangiong around down there!

i will be heading out tonight. what baits are u guys using for the kittys down there

Oly,

Nice sauger!

Hi was down at hidden falls last night till dark and caught one small eye, a really small cat, and two really nice smallmouths. We were using white jig heads with gulp 3" minnow grubs. the eye and cat hit out deeper, while i caught the two smallies close to shore.

I will we be hitten pool 2 this weekend for some off shore walleyes.................I hope!!!!!!!!

Here's a few fish from Saturday afternoon all caught from shore. As soon as the rain stopped these guys came out to play. The bite only last 20 minutes at most but it was fun while it lasted. 3 of these fish came on a total of 4 casts.

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00260.jpg

Here is my weapon of choice. Today it out fished all the guys fishing minnows of any variety, crawlers, and rapalas.

DSC00261.jpg

Nice fish, i was out yesterday right after the rain when the sun came out found a nice downed tree in the water caught 3 small eyes and a real nice small mouth. a total of 3 eyes and 3 smallmouths. It was a all around good day.