• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

PRESCOTT RAMP NO PARKING 2AM to 4 AM !!

crappie getter

Fishing in Prescott tonight noticed a sign no parking in launch area 2am to 4 am. I know most people don't care but myself and some others either fish at night and / or stay out on the river on their boats. I do not know why this new rule is needed I will call tomorrow. There was a phone # posted for questions and concerns 715 262 5544 (city hall) myself and a few others I know will be calling this number tomorrow. One of the reasons I pay $35 a year to park is because the free ramp in Hastings you can not park overnight and the Bluffs park is closed after 11pm. I wish this would have been explaned to me when I purchased my pass.

Crappie Getter,

I don't know what the story is with the Croix- hardly any public access from Stillwater south and such a huge amount of water confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif. And then the rules..........

It is becoming more and more common at public access's to not allow overnight parking it seems. I think to many home owners are complaining that live next door to these areas.

That is why it is important to keep the noise level down and pick up the trash.

They should make an exception for opener. smirk.gif

Crappie Getter,

Bummer. That stinks a big monkey wrench in your fishing habits.

Well about seven years ago the National Park System threw a monkey wrench in my whole fishing world, when they invented the zebra mussel check point.

It's not right, all these changes occur so fast.

Also since I'm talking zebra mussels... I see no point in the "check point" as these zebs are here to stay. And once here when they are in their larval stage they attach themselves to the gills of fish... what or how am I going to transport them when the fish carry them? Ha. It's so laughable it's funny.

Turk

It makes no sense to me... it almost forces to use one of the few private launches in the area. Can't a poor man go fishin' after dark? Wonder if and who enforces the rule. Will have to speak about the HPD about this nonsense. confused.gifcrazy.gifmad.gif

Quote:

It is becoming more and more common at public access's to not allow overnight parking it seems. I think to many home owners are complaining that live next door to these areas.

That is why it is important to keep the noise level down and pick up the trash.

They should make an exception for opener.
smirk.gif

Tell that to the trains that go thru there....I agree with the trash picup though.

I am aware of the Bluffs 11 o'clock close, however I have parked there countless times until 2-3-4 in the morning. The gate to exit is on a motion sensor system, you drive up and It opens to leave all night. Unless it has been changed and I am out of the loop. The last time I did this was last August. And if you ask the park staff they tell you to be out by 11 or by a camping pass, and I have never bought a pass nor have I ever recieved a ticket.

Quote:

Tell that to the trains that go thru there....I agree with the trash picup though.

I agree with you it makes no sense on the noise issue but that's what they say. In Prior Lake this past winter the city tried (and failed) to ban parking within 150' of shore.

The reason; Well the residents were tired of the noise from the fisherman. Ya right, #1 your windows are shut and #2 You cant tell me the PWC and the water skiers don't make any noise roaring by all day. It's getting out of hand. OK I'm done.

Well I called city hall this morn talked with a nice lady who gave me a city council member number. Sounds like he might have been against it. Talked with him for 20 min. He stated that people have complained about people showing up on fri night and staying until sun night camping. I use this ramp 4-5 times a week and maybe on a weekend night or holiday I might see 5-6 trialers overnight. Doesn't seem like much of a problem??!! So either people that show up on the weekend around 1-2pm can't find spots and complain or the city is wanting to make more money of the spots from more people using them. During the meeting it was brought up that some night fishermen would be effected by this and the reply was " We don't do our city business around night fishermen" To my reply was us night fishermen make very good security for the people who are up to no good. He stated that it was informed to people about these meetings last fall and nobody showed up to voice objections. I don't recall seeing that in the Cottage Grove paper. I was told this issue is still not set in stone if I wanted the city to review this I should write a letter and ask it to be reviewed and bring along a group of people to the council meeting to discuss this. So if and when this gets reviewed I will let people know a time and place if you feel like it show up. Afterwards some of us out of towners will spend some money at the local drinking establishments!! I know I have at least four others that will be calling this week so if you have a chance give them a call with the # provided above. Kill them with kindness though just voice concerns. Thanks

Crappie Getter,

P.S. All the walleyes I caught the other night still had bellies full of eggs!! Yes they are all still swimming!!

By the way those walleyes where in the Miss by prescott not in the criox wanted to clear that one up!!??

Crappie getter,

just to clarify, you walked to prescott city hall? I wonder what hastings reasoning is?