Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeaddict

Lowrance Lcx 16ci / mapcreate 7

8 posts in this topic

I purchased the mapcreate 7 today. Everything installed fine except wont allow me to create a map to mmc card. Any ideas??? They did not have the lowrance card reader but told me to go to best buy and get one so i did. When i get my map area selected and try too create it says "please insert mmc card" I tried it with the card reader I bought at best buy and with the card reader on my laptop and no go. Come on Lowrance experts I need some help!!! I have a SD trips coming this weekend and I need to get this too work. HELP!!

I don't have mapcreate 7 I have 6 something I am pretty sure that in the instructions they said that I can only use the LEI card reader. But it came with my GPS and mapcreate program. I would call LEI customer service they have been good to me in the past. Phil

you'll need the LEI card reader.

I thought it came with MapCreate?

Bought it from scheels and they said lei wouldnt allow it to be sold with the reader until may 4 but that I could go get a card reader/writer at best buy and that would work.

Well they are 100 percent wrong as you have learned.

You must initially use an LEI branded memory card reader/writer for MapCreate 7 to work properly.

Well, with version 6.3 (not sure about 7) there is a way to make maps without the LEI reader. I have made them using the MMC reader built into my computer.

First, you need borrow an LEI reader. Initialize your first card, this unlocks the software and you can unplug the LEI card reader an use your own. Put a "different" card (one that you haven't initialized with the software) into your other non-LEI card reader, run the create map command on the software, leave the Save As window open. Open windows explorer, then browse to the C:\Program Files\LEI\MapCreateUSAHuntTopo6.3\Res folder and get the Untitled.at5 file. Copy that file over to the card that's in your non-LEI reader (rename it if you want). It will work in version 6.3, haven't tried it in 7.

Quote:

there is a way to make maps without the LEI reader

Quote:

First, you need to borrow an LEI reader.

grin.gif

MapCreate 7

thanks for all the help guys...boy rally sucks for scheels though I wont ever fu!@##$% go back!!! I believe I have most of n america on a card....so I can roam wherever...Thanks again!!!