Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bubbleboy

ice leaving Leech

6 posts in this topic

My friend up north, the commissioner of shermans cove, former mayor of Hermitsville, a retired public servant from the good city of Mpls. has informed me that the ice is leaving Leech. My friend, who I can verify is a known liar at large, about all things nautical and anything to do with everything that isnt his business, may be right. I hope so, I would like to get my boat wet and get to my favorite spot on Leech. Can anybody back the Commissioner up? Is the ice leaving Leech? Thanks, Bubbleboy!

We drove past Thursday and it looked pretty locked up. Could be opening now, though.

I'll let you know tomorrow night, I have a catering gig up there. When I was there on Friday the main basin looked ready. Bout 300 yards of open water before it was to the ice and the ice didn't look like it would stand for much more.

walker bay looks ready to go quick, the other side of kabakona bay looks open for a long distance.....still lots of ice tho.

I expect the ice in Walker Bay out by end of the day. No report on the big lake.

Big lake portion looked pretty slushy. Shouldn't be long till she is totally open. There was a ton of open water out there.