Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
littlerobbie

Jacked up about Rainy Lake trip on 6/9-6/16

6 posts in this topic

A Group of us are coming up to Rainy 6/9 and we were looking for suggestions where the best place to park the houseboat would be. We would like to be near walleye and pike waters.

This site is awesome I am really happy to see so much action on the Rainy Lake Site. Billy, Fishmeister, Tearin Lips etc. My hat is off to you guys you make this site GREAT!!!!

any of the sites on or near Big Island off the Kempton channel, lots of reefs and rocks north of Big Isle and drop offs with cabbage off the shallows for real big pike. I think there is 4 houseboat sites in that area, but the park has houseboat and day-use maps. Good fishing

Your best bet is to get a lake map or lake charts and use them in conjunction with a park campsite map. There are numerous excellent tie-up spots for a houseboat from the western end of the lake all the way to the far east end.

Saginaw Bay has a number of great spots (including a big sand beach in Marion Bay in the south part of Saginaw) along with Anderson Bay, Big Island, Blueberry Island, Diamond Island to name a few personal favorites. All are close to good fishing and finding an open site should be relatively easy that time of the year. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks guys. You are a big help!

Does anyone know if the park map with the campsites are online?

HI ROBBIE,

I HAVE ALWAYS DONE BETTER ON THE WEST END OF THE LAKE EARLY FOR WALLEYES, HOWEVER IF YOU KNOW THE EAST END EXTREMELY WELL, YOU CAN ALSO DO WELL THERE., THE 1ST MONTH AND A HALF, I WILL BE SPENDING MOST OF TIME ON THE WEST END OF RAINY.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER