Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

Who saw "The Truck"?

37 posts in this topic

Ooops...

truckinlakefz2.jpg

I don't even want to ask how that happened...

Bummer!!

So what happened?

CA

I'll ask, Who? What? How? When?

I believe Curt Quesnell told us that it will have been in the drink for a month today (monday).

It's not every day you can tell someone you were out fishing by the truck!

marine_man

So what kind of fish could a guy find holding in that kind of structure? lol grin.gif

CA

I wonder how many pictures were taken of it? After every thing was said and done,what was the biggest one caught?

There were ducks living in the darn thing.

Legend has it two dudes were Sturgeon fishing from

shore sittin on the end gate of there truck. Nobodys

seen them fellers since..........I reckon

Thats one way to rinse out the interior...

How are they going to retrieve it that far off shore. There isn't a cable long enough. Dragging it back will not work. Can they float it with some inner tubes under the frame?? Going to be something to see happen.... Kaz

Maybe they can use those planks that are hanging out in the back of the box. I guess they probably intended to use them to bridge open water in the first place.

It looks like the truck is on a nice shallow hump, I would cast off the hood in the evening and see what you can catch. You could store your minnows in the back of the truck.

It is now lying on it side, looks like some ice got it.

Quote:

It is now lying on it side, looks like some ice got it.

Really, it was pretty banged up for sure. We head out on Sat. and saw that and I said well there is something you don't see everyday. So the joke for us was where did you fish today "by the pickup". It is going to take one big wench and cable system to get that out.

lotwtruck2.jpg

lotwtruck.jpg

What is that thing poking through the door?

I wonder if they tried pulling it in? It looks like there's a chain connected near the rear axle. I don't recall seeing the floating jug tied up to the front last weekend either.

marine_man

Wow, thats unreal!

Bunch of pelicans must have all sat on the same side of the truck to tip it over like that. blush.gif

I was up there a couple weeks ago for the end of walleye fishing and we stopped in at wheelers point for a drink. The bartender told us that they were going to have a boat from canada come down with a crain on it to lift it out. dont know if that is true or not seems a little shallow.

Where is this at?

I have never seen anyone spear a truck before.. The front end is busted up good.. I wonder who ever owns this would sell those rims and tires at a water damaged price.

Quote:

Where is this at?

Right at the mouth of the river on 4 mile bay, on the west edge of the river channel.

marine_man

Not sure what the laws are but don't they have to retrieve it by a certian number of days before big fines happen? I'm not tree hugger but what a enviromental hazard.

I would think if it has been in there that long, it has to been geting spendy.

I don't think that's what is intended by the term "Off Road Use".....

How do you explain that to the wife?