Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crappie Rage

19 Inch Smallie

9 posts in this topic

How much would a 19 inch smallie that looked full of eggs weigh from the St Croix??

Probably about 5 pounds, give or take a couple ounces. The biggest smallie I've ever caught was 18 inches and was just over 4 pounds.

We caught a 19 1/2 a few years ago on opener. It went 4lbs 6 oz on our scale.

Nice fish!

I caught a 22 1/2" Smallmouth on the St. Croix near Hudson 3 years ago.

Man it was huge - I quickly gota tape measure, thought about mounting her, then decided to put her back in the water to spawn another year or two or more (who knows?). She looked a little beat up, but at that size & age, no wonder.

I thought about 6 - 6.5 Lbs. confused.gif

Is that about right or would she weigh more...??

19"this time of year could go 5.. but if I had to guess, jus a hair under. During the summer a 19" smallie woud probably go around 4 lbs..maybe 4.25.

a 22.5 is hard to say, depends on what time of the year you caught it. A trophy no matter what!

Geez, I'm giddy like a school girl when I catch a 22.5" walleye, I can't imagine what I'd do if I caught a smallie of the same length.

My personel best on the Croix was just over 23inches.Got some pics but didnt put a scale on her,man was that good eaten grin.gifgrin.gif..KIDDIN.Caught her in august but sure would have liked to have seen her in late sept or Oct.

Dietz,

It was mid-summer, that's another reason why I did not take the time to weigh the 22.5" Smallie. I wanted to get it in ASAP.

Well done FishForLife!!!

I respect you all that much more!!! A replica would look really nice on your wall I would bet! Midsummer, if I had to guess, and thats all it would be.. a guess...A 22.5" river smallie would be pushing 6lbs... A trophy for sure!... a 22.5" lake smallie would probably weigh more, but not be as strong...