Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tealitup

Remmington Duplex Shotgun Shells

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried these shells? I think they have been around for a long time. I picked up a box to see how they pattern in my Berreta.

The shells are 4 shot and 6 shot.

I've tried them in the past with OK results. But always found something that shot better in my guns.

I concur. Good theory, but not working in my gun.

Teal,

I've always thought these loads were for the indecisive. I prefer one shot size in a load a gun likes to digest!

WD

I had best luck with Win Supreames. I shot the straight up 5's in both Rem and Win. The rem were good till 30 but just didn't hold together like the Wins did. I noticed the shot cup in the Remingtons are the same as in their target/ pheasant loads. The wins and Federals use a better shot cup in my opinion. Of course everyones gun is different. I shoot a Benelli SBE 3 1/2" with the HS Strut Extra Full. I prefer the one shot size. I personally feel the pattern is the most important part. Picking the 5's for the in between load.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Wanderer
      Feb 5 @ 5:25 pm.   But I couldn't tell ya who's playing. 
    • Wanderer
      Sounded like a good mix of fish.    The walleyes I lost were because I couldn't get a good enough hook set on em.  I was using my light action crappie rod with 2 lb test.  Even the ones I iced had the hook come out while the fish were in the hole.  I was just quick enough to get a hand on em.   I tried the same presentation on a walleye rod with 8 lb test and never actually got bit.
    • monstermoose78
      What day is that on 
    • Big A
      Excellent question. In the beginning of the day it was out away from everything and everyone. Visibility was low so I chose to stay within sight of others in case of problems, but certainly far away. Found a group of structure points that we were extremely happy about. Ranged from 16ft to 33ft on navionics. Morris point-cyrus area.   Fished that entire zone we had found, which is probably 1.5miles x 1.5miles give or take. Fished inside it with varying depths, fished the edges, fished the curves, then when it started to rain we set up the house and fished about 15yds off of everything in 30ft. Caught 5. Biggest was 10in.   The slush is making it difficult to manuever, I have tracks and am concerned of getting that stuck.    Unsure what happened over night with the weather now. Today we may need to stick to the old resort trails and work the road areas, plenty of vacated real estate out there...    Chains, tracks, or tires. With all this slushy mess... It's a hard choice and everything is a limitation.   Plan to try and work 18ft and out.... If you see a group of guys doing summersaults and bouncing around like they have welding sparks in their pants, you'll know that's me and we found some activity.
    • ZachD