Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sportland_Bait

Slab Crappie Reports with Pics!

3 posts in this topic

Slab action started today. Well I stretched the truth a little. We only caught a couple of true slabs, but lots of decent crappies. The sizes ranged from 9-12 inches, saw a neighbor boat land a 13 3/4 inch brute. The fish were pretty scattered and a little finicky. I fished an area for over an hour before finding a small pod of active fish. The water temps were about 44-46 degrees and the fish are ice cold to the touch. Most fish were cruising the cabbage weeds and hanging pretty tight to the bottom. With the decent forecast this week the bite should progress nicely. Many fish should start filterring into the shallow bays and boat canals. It sure is nice to hit lakes again here in Minnesota. I added a few pics to our bait shop web site http://www.sportlandbait.com/brainerd_nisswa_fishing_pictures.html, be sure to stop in for the latest. There will be some real slabs caught this week. Please share your reports. Its great to get a feel for whats taking place out there.

Jason Erlandson

I snuck out this morning again. The fish are a little more active yet they are still a bit scattered. C&R a bunch of nice 11-12 inchers. The wind was a little chilly out there. I also talked to one of our guides who was out pre-fishing for some upcoming guide trips. He said the crappies were just starting to come into the Gull/ Margaret Lake channels. Should be a great week. I'll be in the bait shop all week, so stop by if you have any questions. Good Luck out there and have fun.

Jason Erlandson

was on pelican, was chilly, hands numbed up. Gettin a few decent crappies, north wind was blowin them up close to shore, still scattered tho