Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shedfreak

North American Shed Hunters Convention 2007

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I had the oppurtunity to go to Mauston, WI this past weekend for the NASHC convention. I went with Joe Shead who wrote the book on shed hunting. Also making the trip with us was Travis Mattison from Superior. He was one of the official scorers for the event. The booths and exhibits were out of this world! I took a few of my sheds to get scored thinking I had some nice finds, only to be shown up but hundreds of sheds. I actually had 3 sheds make it into the record books which was neat. There were lots of informative demonstrations and speakers. People from all over the country were there. There was also an antler/sporting goods auction the first night. Some of the biggest sheds and mounts in the world were on display.They also have a social the first night which costed 25 dollars and included your dinner, all you could drink, VERY NICE, and you were entered into the raffle in which everyone took hope a prize. I actually won a hat that ironically says shed freak on it! haha. At the end of the show today they named the top 3 winners in each shed category including single side typical, single side non typical, and matched typical and matched non typical. There was actually a time the first day where one of my sheds was in 3rd place, so I took a picture of it in front of the 3rd place trophy! A new world record single side nontypical was named this year. It was foundin saskatchewan and scored an amazing 156 4/8 inches, on just ONE SIDE!! I am including some of the pictures from the show, I hope you enjoy them. I reccomend checking out the show if you have the chance, its an annual event, and I hope to make it down as many years as I can!

SHEDFREAK32

Picture3-2007399.jpg

THE UNICORN BUCK. 3 main beams with 3 different pedacles!

Picture3-2007395.jpg

Picture3-2007398.jpg

Picture3-2007397.jpg

Picture3-2007396.jpg

2 of my sheds that made the record books!!

Picture3-2007394.jpg

My shed in 3rd place!!

Picture3-2007393.jpg

Picture3-2007389.jpg

Picture3-2007390.jpg

Picture3-2007391.jpg

Picture3-2007388.jpg

Biggest wisconsin typical in over 100 years!

Picture3-2007387.jpg

Picture3-2007386.jpg

Picture3-2007385.jpg

Picture3-2007384.jpg

Picture3-2007382.jpg

Picture3-2007381.jpg

Picture3-2007380.jpg

Picture3-2007379.jpg

Picture3-2007378.jpg

Here are the pics you all want to see. There are 4 pictures of the new single side non typical white tail shed. 156 4/8 inches!! Also a few more pics from the show. One of the wall of shame, its all deer that have been poached and confiscated. It took them 4 hours to score the nontypical shed. I would not want to be the guy who had to score that! The 4 hours was not included in the time it took them to figure out what part of thye antler would be considered the main beam. The final conclusion was a 4 point typical frame with unbelievable nontypical inches!! ENJOY!!Let me know what you think!

SHEDFREAK32

The wall of shame

Picture3-2007400.jpg

New world record shed!!!!

Picture3-2007401.jpg

Picture3-2007402.jpg

Picture3-2007404.jpg

Picture3-2007405.jpg

Nice !!! WOW!!! COOL!!! grin.gif I can't belive some of those sheds Thier huge !! Where was the convention ? Do they have it every year? I would of liked to have some of mine scored. that one at 156" thats insane!!

Hey Kyle

Yeah the convention is every year. For each antler you get scored its 8 dollars for a single or 15 for a matched set. But the score is official, and if they have enough inches for the book, your automatically put into the book when its updated. Pretty cool I thought. Its held in Mauston, WI. Roughly about 4 hours from here. The pictures do none of what I saw justice. YOu will have to see it for your self. Check out the official web site. www.shedantlers.org

All the guys who run it are awesome guys, I met all of the main guys/ presidents/owners/scorers, etc. I know how to get ahold of you for next year if you want to go. Its always held in the same location. But Im planning on making it an annual trip for myself.

SHEDFREAK32

Thanks for the info, count me in for next year for sure and by the way I found numbers 16-17 today there a little old probaly 2 years old one 4 side and one 3 side with out a brow tine their both pretty decent sized but nothing huge. Now I just need 4 more so i can beat you by one grin.gif

Man i hope you dont catch me, Im so burned out. But yeah theres alot more there than what you see in the pictures, and for sure ill be in touch about next year. Maybe we can get a few guys to all go down or whatever, ya know? Anyways, nice job on the new sheds. Ill still be out a few more times yet this year. The longer i go without finding one now though, the odds are ill hang it up for the year. It was good while it lasted.

SHEDFREAK32

Yea I know a few guys that defiantly would go, so mark the calander grin.gif But I know the feeling I'm burnt out too just thought i would go today for the hell of it , funny thing is I found them in spots that I've been through 50 times this year!!! go figure laugh.gif