• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lawbreakers

Sartell Angler

Quote:

There is no special bass regs from the Crow River all the way down to the CR dam.

And there are no special regs at all from the CR dam to the Ford Dam, which is where this was at.

Yeah I'm not about to start a quarrel over a few illegal fish. My plan was to just move down the shore a ways until I was able to get a look to confirm what they had and then just make the call to TIP if it was walleyes or bass on their stringer. I've been over there a couple times this year and I haven't been checked yet, but it's good to hear this is a regular stop for the CO's.

Quote:

also there being a man-made lake a ways down from the dam and it being stocked with trout...anyone ever have any luck catching any trout outta there?

Yeah there is a trout lake down there. It's called Lake Cenaiko. There is a pretty thorough discussion on the lake in the Trout forum. I've tried it a couple times, but I haven't caught any trout, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

Quote:

it is times like these where you just have to take the initiative, walk up, cut the stringer and walk off. or kick the bucket into the water.

i don't think they spoke a lick of english and it would have been 15 on one once that happened. i'm not jackie chan either. grin.gif

Quote:

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that you have to be using a pole, not just line, right?

No pole needed.

Quote:

My 10 year old told me he saw what he thought were 3 or 4 small walleyes they had on shore

I would venture to guess they were not Walleye for sure or even Bass.

I hope you would have confirmed this before wasting the CO's time.

I have personally dumped Fish out of peoples buckets and off of their stringers and I will continue to do so.

I do try to explain myself first but sometimes the language barriers don't allow my message to be comprehended.

I also will give my legally caught fish "rough fish, whitebass, crappie" to the same people if they ask.

isnt BELOW he dam C&R for bass, eyes and pike?

Quote:

isnt BELOW he dam C&R for bass, eyes and pike?

Close.

Untitled-1-1.jpg

so the guys I saw leaving the dam last summer with a bucket full of smallies were illegal then. darn, shoulda called tip.

No, the standard MN regs apply below the Coon rapids dam. They apply downriver untill the areas listed above by pierbridge, of wich I think Minnehaha creek is closest. The C&R smallies ends upstream at the mouth of the Crow river in Dayton.

Quote:

I would venture to guess they were not Walleye for sure or even Bass.

I hope you would have confirmed this before wasting the CO's time.

Of course. I didn't have my phone with anyway, so I didn't bother to check it out closer, but I would have confirmed it first before calling TIP. My son does know what a walleye looks like but I don't think he saw them close up. The reason I thought maybe they may have been smallies is because I caught two 10 inch smallies myself with my bottom-rigged crawler just 40 yards down.

Anyway, I hope they were suckers or something else.

I can't tell you how many times I have walked over to people after veiwing from a distance only to find out they are not Walleye or Bass.

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks ago my brother and I saw a boat full of guys keeping everything that bit. Im not kidding you, I saw at least 100 fish go into the boat, not a one go back in the water. Im talking smallies, bass, eyes, every thing. I was steaming mad because the DNR was just on the other side setting up traps, and they did NOTHING! We pulled over and told the officer about what we saw and he just shrugged. Whats the point of having DNR guys if they are not going to enforce the rules. And so long story short, these guys got a way with a ton of fish that should never have been kept, with ZERO consequences.....so sad. frown.gif

Was it a Conservation Officer, or was it a DNR employee, big difference. Like a highway construction worker arresting speeders. crazy.gifcrazy.gif

It was an officer. There was one officer and 4 peons who were setting up traps and diving down to set them up. If it was just DNR guys i wouldnt have stopped.

Then I would have pressed him. Name, badge, why won't you do anything about it? Followed by a letter to the DNR.