Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandee

Where to fish . . .

5 posts in this topic

We are new in the Sandstone/Hinckley area and would like some information on pan fishing lakes. Shore fishing at this time, or where to rent a boat. Doesn't have to be real close, just close enough. grin.gif I looked under sponsers for this area and couldn't find any. Anyone???

I would try Fish Lake. It is about 1/4 mile west of Finlayson on Hwy. 18. There are a lot of areas to shore fish with a chance of catching some panfish.

Try the snake river just west of pine city at pokegama lake. There's some good shorefishing spots at the bridge. You'll catch lot's of nice sunfish. You might have a chance at largemouths and northerns too. If you use nightcrawlers you can expect to catch lot's of sheephead, maybe a bonus catfish too. It's a nice spot, on weekends ther's alot of boat traffic going back and fourth under the bridge though.

i have been fishing over at knife lake on the south side all week and been limiting out in an a hour to 2 hours right from shore. i do have a boat , right now i am strictly shore fishing even right here in hinckley. last week i was fishing the kettle river just east of hinckley(the carp are running ) the walleyes should be hitting in time for opener

ever try rush?