Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slyster

WBL report.. Sat April 21.. WINDY!

5 posts in this topic

Well... we were out all over the lake today.. using plastics and waxies.. NADA. Was it the high winds? Did anyone get anything on this super windy day?

we got about 20 crappies from...a lake lol

Little bro and I floatubed/wade-fished a small metro lake on 4-21. The big 'gills were going wild in 1 to 4 feet of water on the north side. A few 'craps and bass in the mix. A nice and windy day to be out. BTW a 1/32 oz jig head tipped with a bit of night crawler outfished plastics and hair jigs 3 to 1...

I was out on WBL on Thursday/Friday. You had to be fishing on the side of the lake or bay that the wind was blowing into. It was tough in the waves but the fish were biting. Saturday was just to rough to go out and have fun.

Two of my buddies and I braved the wind for as long as we could on saturday on the northeast side by the water ski course. Got 3 nice crappies and one dink. Got too windy at about noon. Fished in other areas and got nothing but bass and northerns. Man we got soaked from the waves crashing into the boat.

On the other hand, today was very good for crappies. Got our limit (didn't keep all of them) in about 3 hours. Fished away from the crowd and found some dandies. By the way the guy working at the city access was talking sounds like everyone was getting them.