Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Prescott Rob

Prescott Report?

Prescott Rob

Anyone know if fish are being had around the confluence of the Croix/Sippi area?

TrollerX

I will be out tomorrow. I will post a report tomorrow evening. I would suspect that the time is right!

TrollerX

Pretty slow Saturday morning. I was out from 6:00 - 11:00 a.m. I only saw one fish caught. It was not in my boat! The reports from guys that I talked to were favorable from last week. I am not sure what was wrong yesterday but it was a slow morning. I think the best is yet to come in the Prescott area.

tunrevir

Water temps around marine this weekend were 55-56 and the water was as low as I have seen it this time of year. On the upside, I caught a bunch of white bass and had a blast on saturday afternoon. Had a good meal of them tonight and can't wait to get back out there again. I heard they are hot and heavy up around Taylors falls as well!

Tunrevir~

jloomis

hey tunrevir glad to hear u caught some around the marine area! i'm the guy at the gas station that u met and talk to. i guess them whitebass are all over rite now feedin crazy.

tunrevir

Jloomis, It was good to meet you the other day! Never know when you are going to run into a fellow FM'r so I always ask now. I am hoping to get back out a couple times this week before the opener. Again, thanks for the fishing report and it was nice to meet you!

Tunrevir~

use2bwalleyefanatic

I was down there on Saturday as well, had a couple of bites along with a couple of snags on jigs (both meat and plastics). I was even skilled enough to catch myself a rock. After a couple of hours of the same old same old we decided to pull some cranks up shallow (< 12 fow) and it took us about 10 minutes to tie into our first one (26") and 10 or 15 minutes later had a bigger one on which threw the hook before getting it into the boat. Guess it didn't want it's picture taken. We had our luck on #5 glass shadraps pulling them along at 1.1 - 1.3 mph. We were hitting an area that had some scattered rock piles which the fish seemed to be relating to. Definitely one of those days that if you keep your mind open and willing to try different techniques good things might happen.

youngie22

Hey fanatic- What kind of fish did you hook in to? 'Eye, rough fish...

use2bwalleyefanatic

Both of them were eyes. I don't have a positive ID on the type of rock yet so to tell you the truth I don't know for sure if it was in season or not. I believe the rock was done spawning because it was relatively thin so I didn't feel too bad about keeping it. I'll be splitting my time between Prescott and Hudson this coming weekend if my beautiful bride will give me the pass. Say hey if you see a Tracker Tundra down there. I'll probably be able to give you a lot of techniques and locations that didn't put fish in the boat.

jloomis

hey tunrevir when u goin out again maybe we could meet up! i gotta go on the weekdays cause i'll be out of town this weekend. yeah it sucks i know it's the opener.

tunrevir

I was hoping to maybe get out either Thurs day evening or Friday am this week. I wil know about thursday probably by tomorrow. I guess you wouldn't mind fishing out of the "TINCAN" as I affectionately call it. Been a boat for me to fish from since it was brand spanking new in 76! Doesn't leak and floats the skinny water pretty well too! I'll post when I find out about Thursday night.

Tunrevir~

jloomis

it'll probably be me and my bro so we can bring our jon boat out there too. yeah the one u saw the other day. not much of a machine but it gets the job done. friday i'll be gone but thursday i'll be off work by 1:00pm. just found a new spot hittin also. down river from the osceola landin.

tunrevir

Jloomis, you hitting the Osceola area then on Thursday? I may run into you guys then if I can get out for a bit. Good luck!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

ole matty

tunrevir u got a room in your tincup boat this thursday????

tunrevir

I'll email you soon as I find out but you are alwways welcome!

Tunrevir~

jloomis

hey tunrevir, was out last nite and it was kind of slow over in that area. the fish seems to still sit at the bottom. might go back in the taylors fall area on thursday but we'll see.

Xmarksthespot

Went there on Sat. Shore fishing. One keeper, white bass, the rest are under slot limit(under 15). The bite is on right at dusk. Using rapala and jigs. The bigger the bait the bigger the fish.